02 July 2010

Hmm interesting

Last night as the girls were going to bed I showed them a video of themselves taken thia weekend. As soon as the video started playing Roz smiled and began miming putting something in her tshirt and shaking it - ie what she did in this video we took of her on holiday more than month ago. She did it once more so then I showed her the video and she started laughing.

Wallace and grommets

TV continues to provide Izzy's moral compass. She was
Refusing to put on her pjs as we played on the bed and being a bit whiny so I began mocking her by copying what she said. "Mummy don't - you're Wallace," she said, referencing an episode of Humph on Nick Jr where said Wallace does indeed get his comeuppance for copying his friends. "Stop copying me, Wallace!"

Which I did. After telling her to put her pjs on only another four times.

Roz also had her latest ENT appointment yesterday and it's looking like we might be putting grommets into her ears - little pipes into the inner ear area - to help clear the congestion behind her eardrum.

Not so helpfully the clinic had misplaced the notes so the consultant said he would wait another two months to see if the congestion cleared on its own.

Asked how many words Roz is saying I thought of the following:

Mama
Mum-mum (for food, milk)
Papa, sometimes Daddy
Baba, referring to self
Che-che, for Izzy
Boo, as in peek-a-
Bye

That's a bit fewer than you expect as a kid normally has 10-20 at 18 months. So on one hand I worry a little but on the other she is a stubborn bub who nevw ever wants to do what you ask so...

No comments: