21 July 2010

'Gud grrl'

Roz has finally made the link between words and communicating, I think. Now she quite frequently tries to copy particular things I say. Or maybe I've just started to make more effort to speak to her, now that the 10-20 words at 18 months milestone is looming.

Anyway her current favourite phrase is good girl, which she pronounces as above. In a particularly fine mood yesterday morning, when I asked, tapping her chest 'who's this?' she smilingly pointed to herself and said 'gud grrl'. Hah. Then at dinner time, having had her sippy cup taken away after the third time she poured her drink on the table to play with, and I narrowly caught her bowl before she sent it to the floor, she grabbed Izzy's cup and tipped it over.

Definitely a grrl anyway.

Also a toddler now

O yes before I forget Roz is definitely toddling now. She started off cruising and taking the odd steps - but NOT when anyone was looking. It's quite funny but the nursery staff said if she thought no one was looking, she'd try walking on her own. But if they saw and encouraged her she'd look all cross and sit down and refuse to do it. Then about three weeks ago one of the girls told me she'd done about 16 steps and actually turned around on her own halfway. Which was way impressive because with us she was still refusing to do more than three or four before falling into our arms.

But fast forward to now and she's quite able to get up on her feet reasonably quickly, pushing up on her hands, and I'm still trying not to have heart attacks when I see her let go of something she's holding amd launch off on her own. She's immensely happy about it. If one of us is holding her arms she sometimes launches forward really quickly, cackling with glee as she goes.

No comments: