Still nothing; nada. I promise I will definitely let the world know when Charley arrives.
Trauma
Phew we had a bit of a scare today. Izzy went to Krazy Kidz this morning with one of her old nursery buddies, Sam. Alex was ever so good and let them chase him all around the place - this is getting to be his weekly exercise - which is just as well seeing as his breakfast was a slab of millionaire's shortbread (shortbread covered with caramel and chocolate) and a latte. He was just taking a break and listening to me and Sam's mom gossip when suddenly I saw him get up and half-run, half-walk towards the kids.
At the far end of the building I could see Izzy in one of the little cars, being pushed by Sam, and she had her head thrown up in a howl. O dear, I thought, must be another little accident. Simona also then however started heading towards them. I saw Alex extracting the howling Izz from the car and start running back towards me, and I thought mmm wonder what she's scraped.
Then as they got nearer I saw, to my initial horror, a huge stream of blood from Izzy's nose, and that her teeth and lips were caked in blood that was beginning to spot her t-shirt, hands and jeans. Quickly got a batch of napkins from the food counter, and began stemming the blood from her nose, while Simona, who was as white as Alex, came back with another batch of tissue and a bowl of ice.
Sam had been pushing Izzy round in the car - something they've both loved doing since Izzy was about one-plus at nursery - and had bopped into the wall, with Izzy then smacking her face against the side of the car or the wall (don't know which), and resulting in the nosebleed.
Five minutes later the bloodflow had stopped, she'd taken a few sips of water and she stopped looking like the victim of a real car crash. Eight minutes later she was putting the bits of ice into the napkins herself and genteely dabbing her nose with them. Ten minutes later she quite happily accepted a chocolate and fruit bar from Simona.
We watched her rather anxiously for the next one or two hours - I called NHS Direct (0845 464748) to ascertain there weren't any other symptoms of concussion or anything I should be watching for - but after packing away a huge lunch, asking for and getting several rides on a carousel and an ice-cream cone, and insisting Sam come along for a little play soon, I think I worked out she was pretty much normal.
I think poor Alex and Simona are still recovering from the trauma though!
No comments:
Post a Comment