Roz's first tooth is out. It's the bottom right one. Feeding has suddenly turned more hazardous.
Izzy in manja mode
We frequently have a conversation in bed about how much Izzy misses Alex if he hasn't gotten home before bedtime. Tonight's was interesting because it was the first time she's mentioned multiplication in a way that showed she might understand the concept.
'Mummy, I miss daddy.'
'I know, daddy's on his way home.'
'I miss daddy, mummy. I miss him this much (one arm stretched out), no this much (both arms stretched out. No this much (arms held out vertically instead of horizontally... I think I miss him two times this much... No, three times tens this much. A hundred times this much. A hundred three times.'
'A hundred hundreds even?'
'Yes, a hundred hundreds and two more hundreds much.'
'Why don't you think of a song to sing to daddy to tell him you miss him?'
She thought for a bit.
'I love daddy... I love daddy...' then her eyes gleamed and she held out a finger, and began jabbing me with it. 'Poke, poke, poke... poke, poke, poke - hahahahhahaa.' Doesn't take much to divert her.
No comments:
Post a Comment