19 May 2009

Izzy's away

She's at a sleepover tonight. After exchanging details regarding her sleeping and clothing arrangements (pull-up pants to sleep, knickers to nursery) with Martha's dad, I watched the door of her little buddy's house close then suddenly realised I hadn't said goodbye to Izzy.

This was partly because she just tore off into the house with Martha on arrival, re-emerging only briefly with a toy already in hand while I was still talking in the hallway, and partly because half my mind was preoccupied with Roz, who was in the car parked outside, as she'd sounded on the brink of crying as we left the car.

So I went home elated at the thought of having a whole evening and morning without the sound of Izzy pounding round the house - she doesn't walk, nowadays, every journey is an excited romp or race and she flings herself onto sofas and beds - but also wanting to weep because I hadn't said goodbye. 

And she didn't even notice!

No comments: