Izzy is still gushing over her little sister and treating her like a little doll.
'Oh Charley Warley Carley, I love you; you're so cute!'
'Chaaarley ... it's pretty cheche.' (Maybe we're overdoing positive reinforcement.)
We've finally decided
We're calling her Rosalind.
About Rosalind
Well the babe is finally sleeping longer periods and I've only had to feed her about four or five times per night the last two nights, instead of what felt like interminably the previous nights, particularly the first two. She's got loads of wet nappies and this morning, after an interval of about two or three days (my mind is quite unable to register time in any degree of detail at the moment), she produced an almighty poo. So all is well there.
Alex swears she is aware enough of my presence in a room to temper her crying accordingly. He says that if she's crying and I leave the room she'll stop, look around and then stop crying. As soon as I come back in though, even if I don't say anything, she looks round and as soon as she spots me that little mouth opens. Sometimes she yawns but, more often, she begins sticking out her little tongue. Izzy finds this hilarious. This of course means: feed me.
I just like the fact she's starting to look less squashed about the face, though she's still pretty yellow from jaundice.
Yesterday we put her down to sleep while eating dinner and I noticed she was doing those little quirky turn-ups of the mouth, which made her look like she was smiling in her sleep. I pointed it out to mom and Alex and commented it must be gas. Sadly proven right as she then proceeded to dribble quantities of milk onto herself. Greedy bunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment