Wow so that was the worst flight I've ever had
Baby was so unsettled. It was bad enough she looked like she'd come off worst in a playground free-for-all: her conjunctivitis made one eye swell half-shut and the other squint a bit; plus her cold meant that her nose was constantly streaming and, to top it off, I think she had a sore throat and was teething. If I've caught what she had I can imagine why she was so grizzly. I now have a sore throat and one of those annoying headaches that comes on when you move your head too quickly.
And she threw up on me. Twice. I had thought to pack one spare t-shirt in my hand luggage, but not two. I will certainly be doing so on the way back. And I definitely will not give her any of blinking MAS's 'orange juice'. She only had a few sips but I'm convinced that it was the cause of the enormous burp she gave just before barfing all down the back of my sweaters and hair. Poor, poor baby.
Plus, of course, she refused to sit on Alex at all so most of the time she slept partly or wholly on my lap. I was counting down the hours from 6 hours in, going argh fly faster, you idiot pilot, faster! To be fair we got in slightly early, which was probably quite good going, if the bumpiness of the ride was any indication of the wind resistance. Still feel quite stiff though and I think I've done something to a hip ligament, ouch!
Also we were very lucky because the kind flight check-in person block-booked three seats for us, even though Boo is not supposed to have a seat of her own and, a little into the flight, the old Chinese guy sitting on our right went and found somewhere else to sit. So most of the time Boo got to stretch out on two seats, even though she never looked like she was very comfortable.
We took her straight to the doctor when we got here because I was a bit worried about her eyes and the fact that the antibiotic drops we'd been giving her didn't seem to be working. Got a whole range of things in addition now, darn it. Antibiotics for her overall health, something to relieve her allergy symptoms, cream to put in her eyes and nose drops.
Anyway we've been sleeping on and off all day and I feel a lot better now, thank goodness, though I have yet to shake off this cold I got from her and I think I've also picked up the conjunctivitis. Boo has been sleeping on and off since she barfed on me again last night (throwing up all the steamed egg I was so happy to see her eat, damn, damn) after an ill-judged attempt to force her to take the antibiotics, but at least each time she's woken she's asked for water, which is good. Fingers crossed she wakes up in the morning her usual cheery self, smacking me on the face and going 'Mama?'
No comments:
Post a Comment