28 September 2005

2 wks, 6 days old

The mean reds
Baby is having a bout of them - she's developed a nasty rash across her forehead and cheeks, which the GP says is probably infant acne - something babies get because of hormones passed over before they're born apparently. Should go off on their own in a while. Poor baby. Don't know if they're what's bothering her, but she didn't have her usual three- to four-hour long sleep last night (which is when I get the bulk of my sleep at night) or this afternoon (usually starting around 4pm), but kept waking and yowling every two hours or so.

This lasted from 1am till about 6pm just now; only broken by a brief trip to the GP, where she squalled unashamedly in the waiting room till I popped her on for a feed again (all notions of not wanting to bare self in public fly before the baby's squall).

She's finally sleeping now, been doing so for an hour and hopefully will do so until at least after dinner. I should be sleeping myself but I've just taken a blessed shower (and what a highlight that is in my daily life!) and am feeling too wide awake myself.

Her name
We've decided: it's going to be Hui Qin, instead of Hui Chin. Pro: looks more unique; cons: no one will know how to pronounce it, it looks like a mainland China/Singapore name. Ah but what the hey, we like it.

No comments: